Careers: Marketing Communications & Public Relations Specialist
AIS Media is recognized as one of Atlanta’s leading digital strategy and marketing firms. As a top-ranked Clutch.co agency, we’re an award-winning team with a 20+ year proven track record of success in helping awesome companies drive growth.
A position at AIS Media is unlike any other. Envision a vibrant, modern office environment with the best tools and technology to inspire your creativity. Add an award-winning team with a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture and shared passion for delivering exceptional results. Top it off with fresh challenges and opportunities for personal growth and advancement.
At AIS Media, you’ll be inspired to think big. You’ll be challenged to do your best work. You’ll amaze yourself and our clients. You’ll be recognized and rewarded for your achievements. You’ll be proud.
Are you a creative thinker and a doer with superb communication skills? Do you have a proven track record in driving measurable business results through marketing communications, public relations and social media? If you answered “YES!” and are excited about the idea of joining a winning team to take your career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you.
The Marketing Communications and Public Relations Specialist is a full-time position at AIS Media’s Atlanta (Buckhead) office. You’ll work closely with senior management and external teams to plan, execute and manage marketing communications and public relations campaigns from concept through completion.
You’ll coordinate editorial calendars, write press releases and feature stories, and create compelling website social media content. You’ll interface with our PR team to help secure and coordinate media opportunities for us and our clients. You’ll assist in planning and managing special events. You’ll measure and report results and make recommendations.
- Research trending topics and manage content calendars.
- Write and publish compelling press releases following AP style rules.
- Write compelling website content, blog posts, feature stories and client case studies.
- Research and create engaging social media posts and publish across all networks.
- Create and maintain a database of social media influencers, journalists, editors, conference organizers, etc.
- Collaborate with our PR team to identify and secure media and public speaking opportunities.
- Help prepare media pitches, engage influencers, book speaking engagements, and secure placements of articles in publications and blogs.
- Grow social media followers, drive engagement and site traffic.
- Serve as project manager to develop content, script videos, PowerPoint presentations, client case studies and various promotional materials.
- Measure and report public relations and social media performance
- Attend industry events. Assist in planning and managing special events, which may take place both during and outside of regular business hours and may require travel.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism.
- Minimum 3 years professional work experience in a marketing communications, public relations or journalism position (agency work experience a plus).
- Strong understanding of B2B & B2B marketing communications.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
- Advanced proficiency with all major social media platforms.
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside of regular business hours to help plan, attend, and manage special events.
- Media relations / influencer outreach experience strongly desired.
Desired / Bonus Skills
- Strong proficiency in WordPress.
- Graphic design, web design / motion graphic design, photography, videography, and photo editing skills are a plus.
- Event planning and management experience.