Careers: Marketing Content Writer
Are you an exceptional writer and storyteller? Highly competent and full of energy? Proficient with search engines? Able to write on a variety of different topics? Do you have an immense passion for creating marketing content that delivers measurable results? Would you love working with a dedicated, caring, and fun team?
We’re hiring a Marketing Content Writer to join our award-winning team in Atlanta, Georgia. This position will start remotely, eventually transitioning to a full-time position. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of creating content that increases SEO rankings, earns engagement on social media and drives leads via client websites and email campaigns. This position requires a high level of creativity and research-driven insights to write copy that delivers measurable results. To be successful in this position you must have a keen attention to detail, excellent time management and organizational skills, and an exceptional work ethic. Preference will be given to candidates with a strong portfolio, bachelor’s degree, and prior SEO experience.
Responsibilities of the Position
As a Marketing Content Writer, your primary role is to plan, develop and execute content for various clients that successfully increases organic search engine rankings, social media engagement, website traffic, and conversions. These clients will range in industry, so it’s important that you can adapt your writing to match the voice of each client.
- Create compelling content, including blog posts, long-feature articles, white papers, email newsletters, eBooks, client case studies, website content, social media content, ad copy, and press releases.
- Publish content across a multitude of online channels including blogs, websites, social media, and email marketing platforms. Previous experience with Constant Contact, MailChimp, or Pardot is a plus.
- Research online trending topics based on the client industry and in alignment with current SEO / ranking needs.
- Participate in client meetings and report on SEO progress as a result of current content projects.
- Collaborate with clients and internal team members to create content ideas to help grow your client’s organic search rankings.
- Create and manage content calendar, taking note of areas and keywords to target through SEO data analysis in alignment with client goals.
- Ensure content has been formatted in alignment with client style and is properly formatted for publishing on different multiple channels.
- Audit and optimize client websites on a continued basis.
- Use SEO best practices to format and publish content. Previous experience with WordPress or other publishing platforms preferred.
- Self-edit and peer-edit content as needed.
- Research and analyze client keywords and rankings to create and guide content strategy consistent with client goals and priorities.
- Utilize data tracking platforms to analyze website traffic and content performance, prioritizing SEO technical fixes and content accordingly.
- Stay current and up to date with SEO best practices.
- Experience in graphic design or video editing is a plus.
Skills We Require
- BA/BS in Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- 2+ years professional work experience developing and publishing digital content.
- Proficient in WordPress, and MS Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing, storytelling, and copy-editing skills.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO and web analytics.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects under deadline pressures.
- Excellent ability to communicate and collaborate with team members and clients.
- Flexibility to occasionally work offsite and outside of regular business hours to help plan and attend special events.
Extra Skills We’d Love:
- Highly proficient with all major social media platforms.
- Graphic design, photo, and video editing experience (Adobe products a plus).
To Apply, Please Submit the Following
- A cover letter is not required, but if you want to really stand out, explain how your experience and skills will benefit our team and why you feel you’re a good fit for the role.
- Current resume.
- Two work samples you’ve recently produced of either B2B or B2C marketing copy (links are acceptable).
This position will be remote until notified otherwise.
AIS Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.