Client Success Story
Ecommerce SEO Services Boost Ski Shop’s Online Sales Revenue 73%
Rocky Mountain Ski and Board had a strong presence in the local Atlanta market, but struggled to reach a broader audience. Recognizing that a large majority of customers today shop and buy ski gear online, Rocky Mountain realized they needed two things:
- A solid search marketing strategy to drive shoppers to their online store
- A digital marketing partner with a proven track record in eCommerce SEO services
They chose to work with AIS Media. Our strategy was targeted at increasing keyword rankings, bringing more traffic, and more sales. The outcome was a dramatic increase in Google page #1 SEO rankings and site traffic, which led to a significant increase in online sales in a year-over-year comparison.
“Our revenue right now is up about 300% over the same time last year. AIS Media is doing a bang-up job!”
-Bob Lovett, Owner
Our Action Plan
What Did They Start With?
Rocky Mountain had a PPC program that was bringing in nearly 80% of their site traffic, while organic search brought in less than 30% and direct traffic only 5-10%.
What Were Their Goals?
In order to manage their budget, they wanted to rank higher in organic search so they could lower prices in their PPC campaign. Being a local business with a brick-and-mortar store, they got plenty of word of mouth, leading to in-store foot traffic, but Atlanta isn’t known for being a ski community. Without eCommerce SEO, Rocky Mountain wouldn’t have much traffic at all.
Why Did They Choose Us?
They chose to work with AIS Media because of our strong track record of high-performing eCommerce SEO campaigns that had seen remarkable results for other companies just like Rocky Mountain.
What Did We Do?
- Since skiing and snowboarding enthusiasts shop for gear during the season between November and February, we started optimizing their website two seasons early so they were ready to take advantage of the highest earning sales months.
- We identified the highest-value SEO keywords based on high search volume and highest PPC costs and optimized those brand pages first, choosing from more than 70 brands. Starting there gave them time to rank on page 1 before the shopping season started.
- Since Rocky Mountain was competing nationally online, we identified key players in the market and reverse-engineered their on-page SEO strategies, implementing those in compliance with Google’s latest SEO standards by correcting a wide range of technical SEO issues. We optimized the on-page content for each brand page, and guided SEO for every new product added to the store as we neared peak season.
Results We Achieved
Our hard work during the summer months paid off. By the time ski season came around, their high-value keywords were already on page 1. The result was a major lift in organic traffic, which led to exceeding annual sales projections by 73%. Implementing this highly-focused SEO program connected Rocky Mountain Ski and Board with ready-to-buy shoppers.
The ski store reached a significant increase in their annual revenue, exceeding targets. AIS achieved a 77% increase in organic traffic year-over-year for peak season months. This increase in online presence brought a 73% increase in revenue from organic traffic year-over-year.