You may already know how popular Twitter is among celebrities and athletes. But Twitter can also also be used as a powerful tool for companies and brands to stay connected with their customers, employees, and business partners — if it’s used properly. With the right approach, the benefits of Twitter for business can include increased brand awareness and a renewed sense of thought leadership, not to mention improved website traffic and conversions.
Understanding the Benefits of Twitter for Business
Here’s what Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos.com, says about the benefits of using Twitter: “We’ve found that Twitter has been a great way for us to connect on a more personal level with our employees and customers. We use it to help build our brand, not drive direct sales. It’d be like asking how does providing a telephone number for customer service translate into new business when they are mostly non-sales-related calls. In the long term, Twitter helps drive repeat customers and word of mouth, but we’re not looking to it as a way of driving immediate sales.”
Here are the top 10 business benefits of using Twitter:
- Increase brand awareness
- Keep up with the latest trends in your industry
- Promote your blog content, videos, presentations, etc.
- Boost your website SEO
- Drive website traffic
- Get instant feedback about your products and/or services
- Increase the reach and impact of your PR initiatives
- Gather real-time competitive intelligence
- Monitor your brand reputation
- Support your recruiting efforts by connecting directly with potential employees
- Gain direct access to high profile individuals
The benefits of using Twitter for business are clear. But where do you begin? If you’re wondering what it takes to get started with Twitter, the following social media infographic can help.