Social media has proven highly effective at increasing SEO rankings and driving targeted website traffic. Here’s why your blog is key to an effective social media marketing strategy, serving as the content distribution hub.
The infographic below demonstrates how daily blog posts with a consistent keyword strategy drove organic website traffic over four week intervals by boosting the number of referring keywords by more than 150 percent in eight months.”Investing in original, quality content is critical to SEO success in the current search climate.”
According to Google Fellow Amit Singhal, the four keys to good quality SEO content are:
- Original content or information, and original reporting, research, or analysis
- Content needs quality control
- Content should provide complete and comprehensive coverage on the topic
- Content should be something people would want to share, recommend, or bookmark
Search engines are now including “social signals” as part of their website ranking factors, such as Facebook ‘Likes’, Facebook comments/shares, Twitter mentions, LinkedIn posts being shared, etc.
B2B marketers (44%) say that the impact of social signals has been positive to their business.
- 52% of consumers say blogs have impacted purchase decisions
- 57% of marketers have acquired new customers via their blogs
- 42% of consumers look to articles and blogs for info about potential purchases
- 60% of business decision makers say branded content helps them make better product decisions
- 61% of consumers are more likely to purchase goods from businesses that offer custom content
- 19% of beauty buyers who made purchases based on blog posts say they stumbled upon the content via search
No wonder marketers are investing $12.5 billion in online content. It’s easy to see how social media marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) go hand-in-hand.